Due to the continuing outbreak and escalation of the Corona Virus (COVID-19) Bernardo Funeral Homes Ltd. is taking immediate action to assist in the prevention of further spreading the virus and to protect the families we serve, our employees, friends and guests. We are following advice from the Municipal, Provincial and Federal Government alongside with recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). For further information, please visit the CDC at www.cdc.gov. Bernardo Funeral Homes Ltd. will be implementing the following precautionary measures effective immediately.
*Please do NOT enter the funeral home if you have recently travelled outside of Canada or if you are showing any signs or symptoms of the COVID-19 virus. This also includes but is not limited to: A flu virus, fever, cough, cold, and sore throat.
* Visitations, funeral service, burial, entombments and cremations are permitted with restrictions. for Visitation and Service in the funeral home : No more than 10 people per visitation room shall be permitted at any given time. Our staff will monitor the number of guests entering and exiting the funeral home. This is to ensure that social distancing is adhered to by the Provincial Directive and to protect the families we serve, the guests and our staff. Please visit the Ontario Government’s website by clicking here for more information on social distancing:
* The same restrictions apply to all cemeteries.
* Upon entering/exiting the funeral home, it is highly recommended that all person(s) use one of our many hand disinfectant stations.
* Offering physical condolences to family members is strictly prohibited at this time. Physical condolences include, but are not limited to: Hand Shaking, Kissing, Hugging and Touching. It is also recommended that social distancing be adhered to. Please try to keep a minimum distance of 6 feet away from all person(s) during your visit to the funeral home.
* While visiting Bernardo Funeral Home during this time, you may approach the deceased casket if necessary (DO NOT TOUCH THE CASKET OR THE DECEASED), This will help prevent further spread of COVID-19 and protect the families we serve, employees, friends and guests. You may from a distance, bow/wave to the family as a sign of respect. After your respect has been given to the deceased, please kindly exit the funeral home. We strongly urge you to offer your condolences on the Bernardo Funeral Home website in the decedents’ “Memory Wall.” Reminder: As you exit the funeral home, we recommend you wash your hands or use our one of our hand disinfectant stations.
* With the exception of family seating, all seating is now removed from the viewing and chapel rooms. This will help to assist in social distancing.
* All traditional receiving lines whether inside the funeral home, at a church or cemetery will not take place. We strongly recommend to our families to incorporate private entombment, burial, or cremation at the cemetery.
* To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, our coffee lounge is now closed to the public, including immediate family members of the deceased. However, hot or cold beverages can still be served to immediate family members. Please ask one of our staff and we will be happy to serve you.
* Donation(s) or floral tributes may be made online. Please visit www.bernardofuneralhomes.com for further information. Should you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us.
Bernardo Funeral Home Ltd.